Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Why does it never go smooth?

Well to  answer my own question sometimes it does go smooth. Those are the times I suspect I'm walking into an ambush...

Once again working on the house. Today I got to play locksmith and replace the handle mechanism on the screen door. Part of the mechanism managed to break so that there was no way to open it from the outside and opening it from the inside was a bit of a trick. But now we have a brand new handle and lock set and a screen door that actually locks! Definitely will help with air flow this spring... and I got to play outside with metal objects in freezing temps... bonus!

The writing continues...
Making progress on my novella, and developing a minor level of fame (notoriety?) doing it... mostly among the people who work at the Carls Jr that's one of my favorite writing spots (diet Dr Pepper on tap... Just wish they hadn't taken the chili fries off the menu (just today...  :(    ). My biggest (according to my interest) non fiction project is going to take longer than I thought, but I want it to be GOOD! (more about that latter).

Anticipating Lisa will be presenting at another conference this spring (up in Washington state this time...) and she is continuing to work on her Dissertation.

This weekend is our stake conference and the stake president has asked our ward to provide the choir for the adult section Saturday night. So, Lisa will be playing piano in stake conference. As for me... I wish I knew whose butt I burned...I'm going to be talking in the clerk training for the leadership meeting. On the one hand it's pretty cool. On the other hand... why me? On the other other hand considering my big favorite non fiction project is a book on record keeping it makes sense!!!

I'm also working on the never ending project of fixing our ward list, training new leaders, and generally annoying cocky people who assume they must know more than I do because I'm 'just the clerk'.

Relating to a couple of those things... a chance for you guys to rant! If you have had questions/ideas/frustrations about records or record keeping... or good or bad experiences being or dealing with clerks or secretaries in your church organizations I'd love to hear about them! Most of the people who read this know how to get a message to Lisa or myself, so if you don't want to post it as a comment then email us... as with many of my projects this is about helping people to learn, grow and get better.

Well, that's it for today.

Till next time...
remember...
My mind does not wander...
It just goes on self guided voyages of discovery!

No comments: