Monday, July 27, 2015

And He Drew his Cane Like a Samurai Sword

Yep, me again!

Short one this week but a couple of cool things...


This is what happens when you have a few supplies on hand and a need to relax! This would be the much famed (at least in my own mind) cane scabbard. Yes, I will be using this thing while riding Alley Hawk (no I haven't named the scabbard yet (or the cane)). Yes, I really can do an over the shoulder draw with this. Actually it draws better over shoulder than from the hip. Yes, I've tried both.

Will I actually be wielding my cane while riding...I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that.

In other news...

I have done it! As of Friday I am off insulin and doing just fine thanks. So... Thank you to those who had faith in me, and those who prayed for me. For those of you dealing with old info, it can be done . For the 'professionals' that told me I couldn't do it... How's it feel to be wrong? (Hey I was told by enough people I couldn't do it, that I can afford to be cocky!)

In other other news...

Lisa continues to work on her dissertation. She's teaching multiple QM classes and has been doing some live online training for them (yep... live online... don't ask me how that works...). She also got word today that her copy of the book her chapter is published and is in the mail and coming.

Um... by the way... Don't count me out on that one. I will have one (if not two) books out by the end of the year. This is happening. One book is self published and is two pages, a cover and a check to the printer away from being published. The other one still is in rough draft but I've got three images (including the one for the cover) left to take and the writing isn't bad. (Now as for that %#$%#!!! novella....)

Well that's about it for this time...
Except...
Lisa's published...
I'm publishing...
Yeah...
This had to happen...



Original video, by the artist... From back in the day when MTV actually played videos and you couldn't just whip one up on your home computer!

Probably taking a week or two off from the blog due to publishing stuff and other issues (but no promises...). So if we get a chance to post sooner we will. If not, see you in three.

No comments: