Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving week and Nanowrimo

First off, happy thanksgiving and merry Christmas everyone.

This week we had Marisa up here for the holiday and mayhem ensued...

Actually a lot of the mayhem was mine and would have happened anyway....

I 'won' NANWRIMO (and about a week early!). What that means is I wrote a complete novel of over 50,000 words this past month. More precisely I wrote a novel of 58,201 words (238 pages) in 22 days (I didn't write on Sundays). Winning NANOWRIMO also means that I'm getting a bunch of free stuff and discounts that are writing related AND!!!!! THREE PUBLISHING COMPANIES WILL BE CONTACTING ME ABOUT THE BOOK. I should be getting all the relevant info via email tomorrow.

The original was hand written and then transcribed so technically I have my first edit pass done as well. One more thing I should say about this and then I can let it go (until I start the serious editing in January).


No non-diet or caffeine free soda was harmed in the creation of this book! Diet Dr Pepper not so lucky...

We survived our first dealing with diabetes thanksgiving pretty well. I even made the stuffing I usually make (of course since I'm fooling with cooking again I may try modifying it some, so stay tuned...)

Lisa and Marisa did a lot of knitting, a lot of staying up late and a lot of shopping...
Which leads us to the answer of this years where is the weirdest place I went rock hounding this year...


Parking lot of an Idaho Falls surplus store! The one with the holes is a fossilized corral (please don't ask me what that was doing there! I didn't expect to run into any of these little buggers). So once again I'm out pick'n rocks in literally freezing weather. At least this time it wasn't snowing! It was a nice reward for finishing the book (Ok, 238 pages... 22 days... you didn't really expect me to drop that this quickly did you?)

Lisa should be proposing her dissertation here soon. She has her full committee now. She might have a few things to say about the week which she can add to the post (or issue a rebuttal) as she sees fit.

That's it for this time everyone...
Until next time thanks for reading... Unless...
If you really want to know what the book is about...

It has two main themes that I've found two videos that sum them up pretty well...
Thanks to Billy Joel and INSOC respectively...






If you want to know how these fit in with the book (and they really do) you'll just have to read it. I'm done talking about it for now (for sure this time).

And that really is it until next time. And, thanks for reading.

No comments: