Monday, September 21, 2015

Update and chowdown...

Fairly short one this week (and if you don't hear from us next week it's because something big is in the works...)

We (Lisa and I) are fairly up to our eyeballs this week, but I thought I'd get back to something I said I would talk about later...


The pasta sauce in this picture is all from food storage or cabinet items...
It is actually pretty simple and quick and tastes good. We use Thrive freeze dried products in it, but you don't have to (you just have to find someone that does high quality freeze dried (not dehydrated) meats and veggies (sorry this is not a "sprouted wheat" recipe...)). (Lisa and I are also ThriveLife consultants so if you want to do a party or place an order add a comment and we will get back to you!) We also get our spices from Penzeys. (No kick back here, just some amazing spices at awesome prices.)

1 cup freeze dried beef crumbles
1 cup freeze dried sausage crumbles
1/2 cup freeze dried mixed peppers
1/4 cup freeze dried onions
2 6oz cans tomato paste
3 cups water
2 tbsp basil (dried)
1 tbsp oregano (dried)
1 tsp smokey paprika
salt and pepper to taste

Don't bother to re-hydrate anything! Put it all in a pot and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. I'd give it 15 minutes to a half hour to simmer depending on what you want to do with it. Served over pasta I would go for the longer end. If you're like me and like to add some rice (about a 1 to 1 ratio) and use it in stuffed peppers the 15 minute end is fine.

It's good stuff from food storage!

Told you it would be a short one today...

What else is going on? I'm not saying...
But it feels about as calm and orderly as this...



Hopefully be posting again in a week or so...
Till then take care.

No comments: