Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend? Or, the Muddle in the Middle?

Well, the last 96 hours have been interesting around here...

I'll get the obligatory jabbering about writing out of the way first... between Friday morning and now my prospects of getting a book out by my chosen date of October 31 have gone from "yes definitely!" to "Probably not!" to "Schrodinger's cat!" (both released and not released at the same time...) to...
"If things work out right the one will be out in limited release for testing and the other one (that I'd planned on for "December or so") may be out in October!"

As is, I've got the one down to two appendices and a cover, but because of some changes in formatting for the Ebook version, and working out a rout for the printed book to come out too, I have to do some layout changes. This really is happening.

More to come in the next few weeks, but for now we'll just say that it was the start of of "Patrick and Lisa's Treasure Hunt Weekend."

And this brings us to Saturday...
Saturday was the Stake "Take-n-trade" activity, a chance to get rid of stuff you don't want, find some stuff you can use, and do some good old fashioned horse tradin'. It was also a morning activity so I flew solo while Lisa got some well deserved rest.

And the results? I found money!


Seriously I found a bag of coin wrappers someone wanted to get rid of and when I was home I found money in the pack! The legend of my garage sale skills continues! I also found this...



As some of you might know Lisa has a thing for little boxes...


And this nice little guy has character...

After returning home to pick up Lisa we set off on part two of the mission...



A local lawn and garden center was reportedly having a "spin and win" event. After confirming the rumor we came away with a 10 percent discount, some fertilizer and a weed killer to keep those pesky plants out of my project parking and building stuff zone...


We also found lunch! Then we took a trip to the grocery store. Not very exciting (no pictures), but it had to happen some time.

After putting the groceries and a little recoup time we set off for the last major event of the day the Sagebrush Art Festival...

I actually had several people ask me about my chainmaille belt that I made. We had some good talks and made some connections. I also talked with Lisa about a future project that I will refer to as: OPERATION KEROUAC... the name alone should keep people wondering until I'm actually ready to talk about that one (note: that would be a 2017 project at the earliest (did I mention I have a writing schedule...))

We did bring home some goodies...


Some onyx and pearls that Lisa has in her box. And,


A ruby in zeolite carving. This stuff is a bit of a challenge to work, and this one was nicely done.

Sunday we got some sad news concerning Lisa's mom. I will let Lisa decide if she wants to talk more about that (I've already taken my trip down that road for this year...).

I also found a boy that I am convinced will be a ward clerk some day... I was standing in the bishop's doorway talking to the bishop and this kid (who's about two) starts to walk in. I looked down at him and said "I don't think you want to go in there." The kid looks me square in the eye and asks "Why?" and not just the 'I'm saying a word' why but the 'you will tell me what I want to know' why! And he stayed put until I gave him an answer. This kid definitely has a future...

That brings us to today... where Lisa got to deal with 'interesting' people, and I got to work on... (whimper...) marketing materials... at least they're for my own book project.

How did Lisa survive the people and how did I survive the less fun side of writing?

Let me answer that with track 2 of Information Society's latest album...



I told you it's scary inside my head...

Well gang, that's it for today. Until next time...


Wear a scarf... it's starting to get nippy at night (and yes those are some of Lisa's).

No comments: